GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT STABLER FOUNDATION GRANTS
The Donald B. and Dorothy L. Stabler Foundation (hereinafter called the Stabler Foundation) was established in 1966 exclusively for charitable, religious, scientific, literary, or educational purposes. It is intended that organizations assisted by the Foundation be entitled to exemption from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, as amended. No grants will be made to individuals and no grants will be made to organizations for purposes of propaganda, lobbying, attempting to influence legislation, or for participating in any way in a political campaign.
Grants are made to institutions that are located, or provide their primary service, in Central or Eastern Pennsylvania. Grants are given only in rare circumstances to institutions that are government controlled or operated.
GRANT GUIDELINES AND APPLICATION INFORMATION
Grant applications must be typewritten and forwarded to:
The Donald B. and Dorothy L. Stabler Foundation
c/o Larry A. Hartman, Executive Director
213 Market St, 12th floor
Harrisburg, PA 17101
Please send one copy only - no binders or binding of any type, no sheet protectors, and no two-sided copies.
Grant applications must include the following:
1. Full name of the organization, with EIN number; Mailing address; Contact person/title; Telephone number; Organization type, i.e. corporation, foundation, association, etc; A summary of the organization's goals and a description of the services provided by the organization; Length of time in business; and a list of all directors and officers.
2. A copy of the organization's letter from the Internal Revenue Service stating that they are exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3).
3. A description of the project or purpose for which funds are being requested.
4. A total budget for the project, including a detailed list of expenses and all sources of support for the project.
5. A copy of the requesting organization's most recent financial statement.
6. A statement indicating that the requested funds will be used in Central or Eastern Pennsylvania.
7. Amount being requested and the date when funds are needed.
8. Any additional information that might be helpful to the Foundation Directors in evaluating the request.
The Stabler Foundation and The Donald B. and Dorothy L. Stabler Foundation are registered trademarks of the Stabler Foundation.