GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT STABLER FOUNDATION GRANTS
The Donald B. and Dorothy L. Stabler Foundation (hereinafter called the Stabler Foundation) was established in 1966 exclusively for charitable, religious, scientific, literary, or educational purposes. It is intended that organizations assisted by the Foundation be entitled to exemption from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, as amended. No grants will be made to individuals and no grants will be made to organizations for purposes of propaganda, lobbying, attempting to influence legislation, or for participating in any way in a political campaign.
Grants are made to institutions that are located, or provide their primary service, in Central or Eastern Pennsylvania. Grants are given only in rare circumstances to institutions that are government controlled or operated.
GRANT GUIDELINES AND APPLICATION INFORMATION
Grant applications must be in writing and should be addressed to:
The Donald B. and Dorothy L. Stabler Foundation
c/o Larry A. Hartman, Executive Director
One South Market Square, 12th Floor
P. O. Box 1146
Harrisburg, PA 17108-1146
Please send one copy only, unbound, and no two sided copies, The Foundation Board of Directors, who meet quarterly, must approve all grants prior to disbursement.
Grant applications must include the following:
1. Full name of the organization, with EIN Number;
Organizational type, i.e. corporation, foundation, association, etc.;
A summary of the organization's goals and a description of the services provided by the organization;
Length of time in business; and
A list of all directors and officers.
2. A copy of a letter from the Internal Revenue Service indicating that the organization is exempt from federal income tax.
3. A description of the project or purpose for which funds are being requested.
4. A budget for the project showing the amount and source of all support for the project and a detailed listing of expenses.
5. A copy of the requesting organization's most recent financial statement.
6. A statement that the requested funds will be used in Central or Eastern Pennsylvania.
7. A request for a specific dollar amount and the date when funds are needed.
8. Any additional information that might be helpful to the Foundation Directors in evaluating the request.
The Stabler Foundation and The Donald B. and Dorothy L. Stabler Foundation are registered trademarks of the Stabler Foundation.